Monday, January 4, 2010

Film!

I took a black and white film class at Umass a year ago, and i felt like i never got the hang of it. It definitely has a much longer learning curve than digital. I had a chance to try medium format color film over winter break and i have to say, im quite pleased with the results. I love the hues and depth film has.


My friend Christina modeled for me for my window lit portrait assignment for school. We had a great time and i learned some things and gained some confidence in working with a model.


This is my friend Brendan Dean. Seeing how a daylight uv and lampshade light look on film.


This is me and my Dad, just look at that goofy grin on my face. this is right after he cut my hair when i came home for Christmas. He's a pretty cool guy and an amazing father.

1 comment:

K said...

What a great window light portrait oliver! It's...so...beautifully haunting. It made me feel melancholic and also somewhat uneasy...it still makes me wonder why she's so sad. :(